Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random Ramblings

1. Cefalu has a marching band. Yep and they play at 10 in the morning on Sundays, but only this Sunday, not every Sunday but I was assured they play on Sundays...

2.  One of my bosses could very likely be a cousin.

3. My lifeguard friend could also very likely be a cousin (this is unfortunate)

4.  I am beginning to like the Simpsons. It is funnier in Italian.

5.  Cefalu is a town full of secrets that everyone knows but won't address. (This is typical for a small town but because this is a small town in Italy, and everyone involved is usually Italian, the secrets are a bit more dramatic than they need to be)

6. When you speak in Italian, everyone knows what you are saying...or at least trying to say, unlike in the States, when you speak in Italian when you don't want that person sitting across from you to understand what you are saying about them. ooops. that was a momentary lapse in memory. Same thing goes for English. You never know who can actually speak it....so just keep your mouth shut..

7. The majority of Sicilian women hate me. Really hate me. The other day I smiled at this group of girls I have seen around town  and I swear I saw flaming fire balls shoot from every pair of eyes and were aimed at my head.

8. In an earlier post, I talked about the popped collars, stunna shades, and gelled hair and how it was almost attractive. Well, now it is really attractive. Although, American guys can't pull it off as well as these Italians do. It is all about attitude....and they have it...

9. I was having a conversation with a girlfriend of mine here (who doesn't shoot fireballs at me). We were talking about the differences in attractions between Americans and Italians. I was saying how many American girls (at least the ones I know, myself included) want an attractive Italian man. She told me the majority of her friends want a blonde hair, blue eyed, American boy.  I then suggested we switch cities as Denton has a plethora of what she wants and Italy has a plethora of what I want. She agreed.

10.  I have walked around this town so much that I now know which streets have morning shade and which streets have afternoon shade and to avoid Via Bordonaro at all cost in the early afternoon because there is no shade.

11. After all these years, I have found my father's long lost brother. Though I don't know his name, I know he has to be related to my dad SOMEHOW.  It is inevitable. They are related. They are. They just are.

12. I was approached by a so called "businessman" in this town with a business proposal. After reassuring me many times nothing illegal was involved "but I had to keep it a secret", I think he finally got the point I wasn't going to do business with him, no matter how much the kick backs were. Even if I did agree to set up the tours, he wouldn't pay me anyway. Because no one does anything they say they are going to do here. Ever. Oh and no one has any money. Ever.

2 comments: