Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Addiction

Right now I am watching My Strange Addiction on TLC and I don't think the word strange does this show justice..maybe anomalous, bizarre, or screwy. Eating pottery is weird but CIGARETTE ASHES? How does that happen?! Does one just spot an ash tray think to themselves, "yummmm those, black, grimy, ashes look DELICIOUS just like cake!"


Equals




I don't judge...


These are my "not so strange but unique to me" addictions:

1. Diet coke...I used to drink 3-4 a day but I have been able to whittle that down to 1-2, which needs to stay at one

2. Sugar. I HAVE A SUGAR ADDICTION. there, I said it.

3. MAC eye shadow. My department is right across from the MAC counter and it takes everything not to just pop over there when we are slow and look at the new collections....ugh

4. Italy....but that is self-explanatory

5. Traveling in general...I will say it is a good thing I do not have enough money to constantly travel because if I did, then I wouldn't have any money...because I would spend it all on traveling...

6. I am addicted to procrastination...it is not my fault I am a chronic procrastinator, it is my addiction’s fault....

7. I guess this would qualify as an addiction...I plan future trips all the time. By that I don't just mean where I would go, I get down to the details such as hotels, restaurants, and flight times. So far I have about 9 trips fully planned including a backpacking trip lasting about a month starting in St. Petersburg, Russia and ending in Budapest, Hungry,  a week trip to Sydney, Australia, a week in Vancouver, Canada, a two week trip in Spain and Portugal, and a week and 1/2 in Ireland.  

these are all the addictions I can think of right now. What are your "not so strange but unique to me" addictions

6 comments:

  1. Haha. Susannah! I love your addictions! I have some of the same ones, which I'm sure you know.

    -Italy/Italian---I'm a TOTAL addict! I start to get language junkie itch if I haven't gotten to speak Italian in a while!

    -Travel---I love my home, but I love to travel to pretty places and take a million pictures, and relax. This is why I love taking European trains (not ones going to Sicily though), cause you can sit and relax and watch beautiful countryside go by!

    -Old movies...I think this could count as an addiction...sometimes I just need a black and white film, or at least one that comes from that era.

    -Music from the 1940s...yeah...that one might be considered "strange"...not quite eating cigarette ashes, but strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely traveling! Like kind of obsessed. I do the same as you, I plan all the details and save the itineraries. I have a HUGE list of places to go.
    I think we need a girls trip in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this very strange and expensive addiction--my daughter. I am addicted to buying cute things for her because she looks better in everything than I do. And I am addicted to her smile when I bring her a gift.

    My other addiction is chairs. Can NEVER have enough because there are so many great shapes and colors and places to put them. Well, I may have run out of places to put them.

    I am also addicted to facebook and Google.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be addicted to organizer things and books. However, I never know how to use them so they just get stacked in my garage and create more clutter for me to read about in my organizer books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traveling is the best!
    My friend and I plan trips exactly the same way. Last trip we were in Vegas and we were disappointed that we didn't eat enough. It's not a successful vacation if we don't gain at least 5 pounds each! Next stops on our vacation list is New Orleans, in April, then Seattle, in September, then maybe back to Las Vegas for my guyfriend's birthday, in November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!!!!! that is great! haha i totally agree with the food thing!

    ReplyDelete